Notepad++ is a free text editor with features not available in the standard Windows text editor. It’s made specifically for editing source code.
The application has a tiny footprint and loads quickly, and although it was created to be a substitute for Notepad, it has much more to offer. Simple details like line numbering and syntax highlighting make it excellent for programmers writing code, and the tabbed layout allows you to work with many projects at once without having to launch additional instances of the application.
Notepad++ may be used to record and replay macros, as well as bookmark portions of big texts for quick access. Multiple documents can be viewed at the same time for comparison purposes, or a document can be cloned ready for editing while keeping the original version. The program recognizes a variety of coding styles, from C++ and Java to HTML and Perl, and multiple documents can be viewed at the same time for comparison purposes.
This is a very versatile tool that will come in handy for any coder, but it can also be used as a more powerful text editor.
Features Of Notepad++
- Shortcut mapper, autocomplete, call tip, column editor, style configurator, settings dialog, and more have all been updated to work better with dark mode.
- It now shows the alphabetical order of different languages in the Style Configurator.
- There is no longer a “Sort rows as integer” function that doesn’t take negative numbers into account.
- The issue with characters being lost following case conversion has been resolved.
- While typing, the flashing box (autocomplete empty list) no longer shows.
- The line number of the “Find in files” search result has been adjusted.
- To expose the chosen tab item, the document list will automatically scroll.
- Virtual storage space has been increased.
- In the function list, the default sorting option from AZ has been included.
- After converting the encoding of a document, it was wrongly indicated as saved.
- A critical error was fixed when using Symantec Encryption Desktop to save files.
- After sorting, the document list does not match the tab order.
- In the shortcut mapper status box, the shortened text has been fixed.
- The Find/Replace dialog’s layout has been improved.
- NSIS and Inno Setup keyword lists have been updated.
- The installer has been improved such that the language preference from the last installation is remembered.
How To Install Notepad++ For Windows PC
- First, download the “Notepad++” by clicking the download button on the page.
- Double click on the setup installer file to start the installation.
- Then, you will appear asking for your confirmation. Click ‘yes’
- Now, follow all installation instructions
- When the installation is complete, click “Finish”.
How To Uninstall Notepad++ On Windows PC
- Click the Windows “Start” button and “Click Apps And Features” from the menu that appears.
- Then select the “Notepad++” file and click “Uninstall”.
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click “Yes”.
- When Notepad++ Setup appears, click “Uninstall”.
- Click “yes” to confirm that you want to uninstall Notepad++ and wait until uninstall it from the PC.
People Also Ask
What is the difference between Notepad and Notepad++?
Notepad++ is a more advanced version of the Notepad text editor that is targeted at programmers, web designers, and other information technology professionals. It has the essential features of an integrated development environment (IDE), but it retains the familiarity of Notepad, which is Windows’ built-in text editor and very simple word processor.
Does Notepad++ a good text editor?
Yes. The best text editor is undoubtedly Notepad++. It’s open-source, free to use, and offers a straightforward user interface. It has the ability to install plugins that increase usability while also providing additional functionality to an already robust tool. It also has Regex functionality, making text manipulation a breeze.
Is Notepad++ free software?
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and replacement for Notepad.
What languages support notepad++?
XML, Python, CSS, HTML, Ruby, Pascal, Visual Basic, and more languages are all supported natively by Notepad++.
Are there Any alternatives for Notepad++?
There are alternatives for Notepad++ such as FluentNotepad, Bend, PSPad Editor, Notepad2, TinyEdit Text Editor