Ventoy is an open-source tool that allows users to create bootable USB drives with multiple operating systems. It is designed to be simple and easy to use, making it a convenient choice for users who need to boot multiple systems from a single USB drive.
One of the key features of Ventoy is its ability to boot multiple operating systems from a single USB drive. This is achieved through the use of a boot menu, which allows users to select the desired operating system at boot time. This is especially useful for users who need to test multiple operating systems or who need to boot into a specific system for a particular task.
In addition to its boot menu, Ventoy also provides a number of other useful features. For example, it allows users to customize the boot menu with their own logo and background image, and it supports both BIOS and UEFI boot modes. Ventoy is also fully compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and macOS, making it a versatile choice for users with diverse computing needs.
Features Of Ventoy bootable USB drive
- Boot multiple operating systems from a single USB drive
This feature allows users to create a bootable USB drive with multiple operating systems and then select the desired operating system at boot time through the use of a boot menu.
- Customizable boot menu
Users can customize the appearance of the boot menu by adding their own logo and background image.
- Support for both BIOS and UEFI boot modes
supports both BIOS and UEFI boot modes, which means it can be used with a wide range of computers and devices. BIOS is the traditional boot mode used on most computers, while UEFI is a newer boot mode that offers several advantages over BIOS, such as faster boot times and support for larger hard drives.
- Compatibility with all major operating systems
The tool can be used to create a bootable USB drive with any of the major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
The tool has a straightforward interface and clear instructions, making it accessible to users of all skill levels.
- Open source
The tool is freely available for anyone to use, modify, and distribute. This allows for customization and encourages collaboration within the community.
How To Install Ventoy From Windows PC
- Download the latest version of Ventoy by clicking the download button on the page.
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file to a folder on your computer.
- Connect a USB drive to your computer. Make sure that the USB drive is formatted and that all important data has been backed up, as the installation process will erase all data on the drive.
- Open the Ventoy folder that you extracted in step 2, and run the “Ventoy2Disk.exe” file.
- Follow the prompts in the installation wizard to install Ventoy on the USB drive. This will involve selecting the USB drive that you want to install Ventoy on, and choosing the installation options.
- Once the installation is complete, you can use Ventoy to boot from the USB drive by restarting your computer and selecting the USB drive from the boot menu.
How To Uninstall Ventoy On Windows PC
- Connect the USB drive that has Ventoy installed on it to your computer.
- Open the Ventoy folder that you extracted when you installed Ventoy, and run the “Ventoy2Disk.exe” file.
- In the installation wizard, select the option to “Uninstall Ventoy”.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process. This will involve selecting the USB drive that has Ventoy installed on it, and choosing the uninstallation options.
- Once the uninstallation is complete, the USB drive will be restored to its original state and all data on the drive will be erased. You can then use the USB drive as you normally would.
People Also Ask
What is Ventoy?
It is an open-source tool for creating bootable USB drives that allow you to install multiple operating systems on a single USB drive and choose which one to boot at boot time.
How do I use Ventoy?
To use it, you will need to install it on a USB drive and then restart your computer, and select the USB drive from the boot menu. You can then choose which operating system to boot from the Ventoy boot menu.
Can I boot from a USB drive using Ventoy?
Yes, It allows you to boot from a USB drive by placing the necessary boot files for the operating system on the USB drive and using a boot menu to choose which operating system to boot.
Is Ventoy free to use?
Yes, It is open-source software and is free to use.
Is Ventoy compatible with Windows?
Yes, It is compatible with Windows and can be used to boot Windows operating systems from a USB drive.
Can I boot multiple operating systems from a single USB drive using Ventoy?
Yes, one of the main features of Ventoy is the ability to install multiple operating systems on a single USB drive and choose which one to boot at boot time.
Does Ventoy support UEFI boot?
Yes, Ventoy supports both UEFI and BIOS boot modes.
Can I use Ventoy to boot from a USB drive on a Chromebook?
Yes, Ventoy is compatible with Chromebooks and can be used to boot operating systems from a USB drive on a Chromebook.
Can I use Ventoy to boot from a USB drive on an older computer?
Yes, Ventoy supports booting from both MBR and GPT partitioned disks, which allows it to be used on a wide range of computers.